RWYB - Run What Ya Brung
The most famous quarter-mile in Europe is calling you. Ever fancied yourself as a racer? Do you know how quick your car is? The Fast Show Reloaded is the ideal place to see what you and your car can do and it doesn't cost a fortune either!
|RWYB Track Voucher||Track Fee||Track Open||Booking|
|Saturday (Does not include Admission)||£40 9.30am-8pm
|Sunday (Does not include Admission)||£30 for 3 runs||9.30am-5pm||On The Day|
Track opening times are subject to weather and track conditions. Most importantly you must remember to bring your driving licence if you want to use the track!
Below are the provisional RWYB classes.
- Class A - Road Legal (Winner & Top Five Trophies)
- Class X - Non Road Legal Winner
Road legal cars must run on UK road-legal tyres with full electrics. One headlight may be removed for air induction. All cars on slicks, and all cars with questionable road-legality will go into class X.
The RWYB Competition will end at 4pm or an hour before racing ends if we’re behind schedule. Listen out to the commentary team for announcements. It is your responsibility to ensure you’re running in the correct class, anyone running in the wrong class will be disqualified and no disputes will be entered into. If you suspect there is a mistake when the class winners are announced, you will have 30 minutes from the first announcement to lodge a protest.
ET Slips - Live Timing Data
All timing slips from runs at Santa Pod Raceway can be viewed at www.etslips.co.uk.
A RWYB Video Guide
Run What Ya Brung Beginners Guide
What is RWYB?
RWYB stands for “Run What Ya Brung” and refers to public test days when Santa Pod is open to anyone with a driving licence to run their car or motorcycle down the track.
RWYB is as simple or scientific as you want it to be, and you can use these days either to just have fun with your friends or as serious test days, whether your vehicle is for road or track.
Your mission is to accelerate from a standing start and cover the 1/4 mile in the shortest possible time. A full performance printout after each run will show your reaction time, speed, and elapsed time as well as a host of incremental measurements.
What Do I Need To Have A Go?
- A vehicle (vehicles must be safe and run at the race director's discretion).
- A driving licence suitable for the type of vehicle you are driving.
- A crash helmet for open top vehicles and those going over 110mph at the finish line. Arm straps required in open-top vehicles.
- Bikers need suitable protective clothing and approved helmet.
- Please note that RWYB spaces are sold on a first come first served basis as we can only service a certain amount of customers on each day.
What Do I Need To Do?
- Visit the Signing On Office located at the base of the control tower near the startline on foot. You will need your driving licence and signing on fee (cash or card). You'll be asked to fill in a form.
- Check your vehicle is well maintained and safe. Tyres, oil, steering, coolant and brakes are important. Also check your tyres and arches are not muddy.
- Move your Vehicle to the back of the queue in the "fire up road". Bikers can usually push past to the separate queue for bikes.
- When you are called forward by the marshal, close your windows and sunroof fully, and buckle your seatbelt. Bikers should pull down visors or goggles. Please DO NOT activate liquid spray-bars.
- If you wish, attempt a burnout in the water under the tower. This will clean and warm your tyres. 4WD cars will not burnout unless equipped to do so.
- Roll forward to the Start Line when the marshal indicates. The start line is not actually marked on the track (because it would get scrubbed out very quickly), but the best way to spot it is to look for a gap in the red boarder next to the track.
- The first pair of lights on the "starting tree" marked Pre Staged will light when you are nearly in position.
- Roll a few inches further forward and the next pair of lights marked Staged will light also.
- When you and your opponent are both staged and the track is clear, the three orange bulbs will light and then the Green. Now is the time to go!
- Accelerate as hard as you can without spinning the wheels too much. The last timing beam is under the gantry exactly 1/4 of a mile from the start line.
- Slow down gently once you have crossed the finish, and keep going until you reach the first Turn Off Point on the left. Check your mirrors for your opponent before turning off and heading back on yourself. Drive slowly and carefully once you have left the track.
- You can collect Timing Slips from the signing on office at the startline tower. These are free to collect as soon as your run is complete. If in doubt at any point, simply look to the marshals for direction. Please do not smoke or use mobile phones when on the track.
An advanced RWYB guide, including startline procedure and tips for a good run can be found on the official RWYB website along with a full calendar of all upcoming RWYB days, at www.RWYB.com.
1320go - Live Track Timing
Enhance your visit to Santa Pod with live track timing via www.1320go.com where you can also view live timing data on your mobile phone from Drag Strips around the world.